The Outpatients Building in the centre of Oxford will be renamed the Radcliffe Infirmary Outpatients Wing when it is completed. This historic building dates back to 1770, which has been extensively modernised, will bring together primary care research and Oxford University teaching under one roof.
The project for us came in two phases – the initial phase was refurbishing the old Radcliffe Infirmary Building in 2012, together with the Mathematical Institute. The second phase reaches completion in November 2015, when the new extension brings together the whole Laing O’Rourke project.
The main phase of the project for us was the internal finishings to walls, ceilings, floors and sealing the concrete curved stairwell. A variety of textures and colours were specified to support the design brief.